Well once again, I left my doctor's appointment upset. I think for the past 7 weeks I have left there upset about something different. Today everything was great with baby boy, I am now dilated 2cm and still about 50% effaced. Sounds like everything is great and moving right along, right? Then my doctor tells me she doesn't think that she will be able to induce February 9th and my mood totally changed. Since 30 weeks she has said that would be the date, I have planned for people to come in town, arranged help with Reagan, Darrin has booked his flight here and I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about the labor because I would be under watch. I know these types of things you can not plan, but I am very much type A and I like, okay have to have a plan.
I knew it was hard to get the hospital to allow you to induce before a week before your due date, but since my doctor seemed to have no concern about them allowing me to do it, I had the date set in my mind. So leaving today unsure and with doubt, I was upset.
After my appointment I headed over to April's house, we had planned to take the kids to the Children's Science Museum for a play date. While the kids were playing, Darrin was trying to get ahold of me, his work wanted to send him to the Dominican Republic until Sunday. He needed to know if the date was going to be set or if we were going to have to push it back. Why he didn't go the past few weeks and they waited until this week, I don't know, but nevertheless, we had to decide if he would go or not.
My doctor called and she was able to approve the induction date. Everything is set for 7:30am on Wednesday February 9th!! Phew, what a huge relief! Now I just have to make it until Sunday and I will be one happy girl. Being away from Darrin for 3 weeks is way to long, I miss him so much and I am ready for the traveling part to stop. I ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers this week as he travels to the Dominican Republic and I wait out the last few days of being pregnant.
I knew it was hard to get the hospital to allow you to induce before a week before your due date, but since my doctor seemed to have no concern about them allowing me to do it, I had the date set in my mind. So leaving today unsure and with doubt, I was upset.
After my appointment I headed over to April's house, we had planned to take the kids to the Children's Science Museum for a play date. While the kids were playing, Darrin was trying to get ahold of me, his work wanted to send him to the Dominican Republic until Sunday. He needed to know if the date was going to be set or if we were going to have to push it back. Why he didn't go the past few weeks and they waited until this week, I don't know, but nevertheless, we had to decide if he would go or not.
My doctor called and she was able to approve the induction date. Everything is set for 7:30am on Wednesday February 9th!! Phew, what a huge relief! Now I just have to make it until Sunday and I will be one happy girl. Being away from Darrin for 3 weeks is way to long, I miss him so much and I am ready for the traveling part to stop. I ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers this week as he travels to the Dominican Republic and I wait out the last few days of being pregnant.
37 Weeks
Last night we got together for one last girls night (for me) for a little while. I love these girls and don't know what I would do without them. We talked for hours about hair, kids, fashion, life, play dates, work and more. I had such a wonderful time and I am so grateful for each of their friendships. Thanks for such a fun night, at our next dinner I will be able to have a drink with y'all! Wa-hoo, love you girls!
Now I plan on staying in all week in my pj's waiting for this cold front to pass. Rain, sleet and snow? Yuck, no thanks!

















