Our second or third weekend here we went walking downtown. There is a street called Karl Johans that is for walking only, no cars. There are tons of little stores and things to see.
We rode the bus back to our car. Riding the bus really isn't that bad as long as you know the times it picks up so you don't have to wait on it.
Afterwards we went and fed the ducks. It was such a beautiful day and we just weren't quite ready to go home yet.
Typical Darrin fun. There is no telling what kind of things he will come up with to do. He is waaaaaaay more fun than I am.
Sister dressing up.
Yay!! Daddy's home, now the real fun begins! (I was upstairs in the kitchen and I looked out the window to see what they were up to.)
More backyard fun. The twins, Astrid and Karen and Molina.
Almost the whole neighborhood crew! Twins and the boy, Marius (7 years old) are siblings, and the older dark haired girl, Molina and the little girl behind Marius, Julia (5 1/2) are siblings and they have another sister who was at soccer practice. And Reagan and Grayson!
The kids love walking down to the creek and playing. We were walking down there every night after dinner to let the kids play and for us to get some exercise in, but since Darrin hurt his back we haven't gone.
Sunday nap/rest time!
This turkey is such a mess. Every meal he eats is everywhere
4 going on 14.
Tea party with Grayson and Sofia.
Yay!! I love playing outside!
Love this sweet, sweet boy.
Reagan loves hanging out with the older girls, can you tell? :)
Oreos, because who can resist that smile?!
ha, this is the perfect next picture. From sweet to stinker. Turned away for 2 seconds and he colored all over himself.
My 2 little helpers. I wonder how long they will think washing dishes is fun?
Reagan is in such a dress up, change clothes phase. I crack up when she comes walking down the stairs so proud of the outfit she picked out.
One weekend we went to watch Marius play in a soccer tournament. Everyone here has a bike and usually bike most places. Darrin bought a bike before we got here, but this Momma is not sure riding a bike 6 months pregnant is a good idea. But they took Grayson in the trolley and we met them there. He absolutely loved it! (not the helmet part though)
Snuggly pj morning.
I love this picture. They don't play nicely too often, but when they do it is the sweetest sound.
This is one of my favorite pictures. Everyone has always said Reagan looks like Darrin, but as she gets older they tend to say she looks more like me. She definitely has my personality and mannerisms, but sweet girl still looks like her Daddy.
Pulling out all her play clothes trying to decide what she wants to wear.
Mommy, Daddy, Reagan, Grayson baby Sister and Santa. She must have just watched a Christmas show or something.
We all got hit with a stomach bug, even me. It was horrible, but Mom's have to keep going. Home made soup chicken noodle to try and help us all get better, but I sure needed my Mom that day.
Playing downstairs in the basement.
Grayson and his mix matched shoes. This child refuses to wear two of the same shoes. He brings you the shoes he wants to wear and they are always two different ones.
Poor boy was sick for about a week. He wasn't feeling well and on top of that is getting a mouth full of teeth. All of his teeth are coming in at once and he was just miserable.
The first couple days were nice. He was so snuggly, wanted to be held all the time, he sat and relaxed with us. It was heaven. But by the end of the week we missed the real Grayson. We missed him running wild, making a mess, playing outside all day, just his fun normal active self.
Getting the firewood stocked up for winter!
My girl in her favorite dress. She asks to wear it everyday.
The following Sunday we went with the neighbors on a walk. Darrin pulled Grayson, Ronnie (dad across the street) pulled Reagan, until they traded and Reagan wanted to be with Darrin. Maruis and Julia rode their bikes, and I walked with the mom. It was so much fun.
We came back and they dug out one of their kids old bikes and put training wheels on it for Reagan to ride. We haven't bought her a bike here yet, so they added wheels so she could ride.
We've started getting ready for winter. Snow suits for the kids were first priority. I can't wait to see them out playing in the snow in these!
And since I didn't want to buy a snow suit for myself, I got a hairband instead. :)
The next week Darrin threw out his back. Between falling down the stairs, moving firewood and pulling the kids on the bike, he herniated 2 disks in his lower back. He was in so much pain. I don't think I have ever seen him like that. He went to the ER, had an MRI and was on a lot of meds. They told him it could last anywhere from 10 days to 3 months, no surgery just physical therapy. He is getting much better now, before he couldn't even walk, but now he is slowly getting around. He is still going to physical therapy 2-3 times a week but is much, much better. Thank Goodness, I hated seeing him like that and I missed my team mate.
We looked into school at the International school for Reagan. I will save this for it's own post because it's something that was so heavy on my heart. They emailed us back saying they had a spot open for this year and wanted to know if we wanted to put her in now instead of waiting.
Going on a tour of the school.
Well hello belly button, almost 24 weeks.
Grayson didn't like that Darrin wasn't feeling well. Every day he got home G would snuggle up on him. It was so sweet.
Nonna had her birthday and Reagan wanted to make her a card.
Happy Birthday Nonna! We love and miss you very much. Love Reagan
I had my first doctor's appointment. Everything went well. When I asked how everything looked, she said, "great! Not the smallest baby I have ever seen." ha, I have a feeling baby girl is going to be almost 9lbs like her Sister.
I drove by myself for the first time finally, I went up to the market for a few things. It felt great. Like I was on the loose. A new found freedom.
We had a cold front come in and one morning I woke up and it was 39! It warmed up to about 60 during the day, but it was a sign of what's to come.
September 3 - Grayson's first day of school!
Originally Grayson was supposed to start August 1st. We went and visited one day and I just didn't feel it was the right place. When we left Darrin and I discussed it and we searched around for another one. This Kindergarten is right up the street from our house and we kept hearing how wonderful it is. I went the next day and they told me they were full. They had 7 boys and 1 girl and if they took another it would be only a girl. I was so disappointed, I knew it was perfect. Across the street is another Kindergarten and the ladies that own both are sisters. She told me to go up to City Hall and put him on the list for either of the places and they would let me know when they had a spot available for him.
I got the letter back from City Hall that he was on the waiting list and I took it up to show them and let them know that I was planning on waiting until a spot opened up. I emailed, called and walked up there again and towards the end of the month she told me she would take Grayson. There were no girls on the wait list and she spoke with the little girl's mom and she said it was okay not to wait any longer for a girl.
Hip Hip Horray! Grayson would be able to start September 3rd!
His first 3 days are half days only. Parents are allowed 3 days off work paid when their kids are entering Kindergarten. They go 9am-12pm the first day and you stay the entire time. The next day is 9am-12pm and you can leave for a little bit if you want. And the third day is 9am-12pm, you don't have to stay, depending on how the child is doing, but you have to pick them up before nap time. Then the 4th day they are home free. This was day one when Reagan and I stayed with him.
Day 2 - walking to school and it was raining.
Day 3 - I guess I didn't get any pictures.
Day 4 - Darrin took him to his first full day.
Reagan and I walk to the store almost every other day and fill up my bag with a few things we need.
Picking up Grayson from school! They said he did perfect, he was so happy and so smiley but, he did not nap.
Weekend coffee and cinnamon rolls at a coffee shop.
Back to school on Monday.
Sister hitting all the puddles on the way home from taking Grayson.
We tried to make cupcakes and they came out wrong, wrong, wrong. Reading instructions in Norwegian is so annoying. I have to type it all into Google translate and it still comes out wrong. Oh well, she still had fun trying.
One of the brightest rainbows I have ever seen!
Sister started ballet this past Monday. I did not have high expectations for her. I knew she would be so excited about it but once it was time she would freeze and not want to do it, and that is exactly what happened. There were about 12 other kids, no parents in the room, except me. Reagan watched and did a little, but stayed near me making sure I wasn't leaving. I was a little discouraged. I just hate to see her hold back because I know she would love it, but there is always next week. She is enrolled until December, so if she gets out there before December, I will be perfectly happy.
25 weeks
And we're caught up! Phew. Except for video's and that's next to come if I can figure out how to put them on here from my phone.
Grayson goes to Kindergarten everyday from about 9am-4pm. Yesterday was his first full week and he finally napped. They say he is doing great and that he is such a happy boy. He did get in trouble once because he bit, oops and I have to take him extra food and snacks because they say he eats so much. That's my Grayson!
Darrin's back is getting better and better.
And Reagan and I are doing homeschool and just hanging out until baby girl (who still doesn't have a name) gets here.
We are getting more and more adjusted to Oslo, loving the weekends with Darrin having Saturday's off for the first time ever and just being together as a family. No complaints, life is good, good, good.

































































































































4 comments:
I love that you guys are loving there! Altogether like you should be! We miss y'all like crazy though! Dylan got so used to having Reagan around! Keep the pictures coming!!! Love you guys!
What a Beautiful Family , Miss you all
Loved the new post with all the great pictures and journaling! Love Reagan's outfits and I especially enjoy Grayson's footwear! :)
Sis haha the Santa drawing!! I love picture of Reagan and Darrin with their eyes closed. Precious! Love belly pics and one of you drinking your coffee. G and his shoes! Ha ha and my fav of him is one in his snow suit. Too too cute. D is such a great and playful daddy. Glad you are over that awful bug. Love you so much and miss yall.
Post a Comment