About Me

Oslo, Norway
Welcome to my blog! I am a wife and a Mommy of three. We have 2 daughters, Reagan and Hayden and a son, Grasyon. Here I write about our life happenings and try to capture memories the best I can. I hope this helps keep those close to us, in Texas, Iowa, Illinois, and beyond, a little more up to date while we're away. Enjoy!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Letter M

My friend Marla posted a blog a while ago with all sorts of letter activities. They began doing a letter of the week and each week was a new letter. When I saw that blog I immediately wanted to do it with Reagan, but I decided to wait until we were all moved and settled in.

Last week I decided I was ready to start our letter of the week and since she (Marla) started with the letter M, I figured why not! She did M for Mommy and followed with D for Daddy.

We colored a Mouse and a Monkey.



I cut them out for her and she helped glue them together in the right spot.





Then we glued them to a toilet paper roll.



Next we did some M&M activities with 2 sorting pages.

Of course she was more interested in eating them then sorting them.



Then she sorted the capitol M and the lowercase m.



Then I gave up for about a week. We all got sick and I was frustrated with her. We would practice and go over the letter M over and over and I would say, "what letter is this?" And she would say...."mmmmm, B!!"

But once we got to feeling better and I was refreshed we got back on track with the letter M. I decided to work on the same letter for 2 weeks instead of just one. She was getting more interested in her "school," and it was going much smoother. We now have school everyday around 10 o'clock and when I say are you ready for your school she says, "YAY!!"

We colored a lowercase m and glued Marshmallows on it.





And did the same with a capitol M.









We watched lots of Mickey Mouse. (like always)

And we had a scavenger hut. The original activity says to put things in your box that start with the letter M. Since I am not really teaching her the sounds, but more letter recognition, I changed the activity. Instead we looked all over for things that had the letter m or M on them. She would look for it, point to the M and we would put in the box.









She loved this part. She would say, "did you find one?" "Reagan found one!" And run to put it in her box.




We also made Muffins but for some reason I didn't take any pictures and we repeated the exercises. She worked with Darrin on Sunday with her letter M and of course he added addition and subtraction. (typical) But I am happy to report she now knows the letter M!!

She already knows R and S because of Reagan Snider, and she knows B from her gymnastics class. Next week we will start D and hopefully continue on throughout the alphabet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! Will you send me the blog with all these activities---these sound like fun! So precious!

Marla said...

Looks like a great time! I love those mouses (mice!). ;)

Looking forward to more posts to come. You are now inspiring me! ;) I did do the letter B which I still need to post!

Hope all is well!

The McCoys said...

what about her sweet new cousin...'M'iles?? :)

I love the concentration on her face!