About Me

Oslo, Norway
Welcome to my blog! I am a wife and a Mommy of three. We have 2 daughters, Reagan and Hayden and a son, Grasyon. Here I write about our life happenings and try to capture memories the best I can. I hope this helps keep those close to us, in Texas, Iowa, Illinois, and beyond, a little more up to date while we're away. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Letter A

For some reason it has taken me until Wednesday night to complete this post. I am dragging this week, but before I get to far behind, I wanted to make sure I was caught up. We finished A and started B this week. I wasn't going to do B, I was going to take a week break, but we were so bored I had to do it!

Anyways, we had a fun week with A. We did tons of apple activities. She matched the shapes to complete each apple.



I cut out a capitol A and she glued red pom pom's on them.




Then she glued a few apples onto a tree.



And then glued more apples on a tree. These had capitol A's and lowercase a's on each. She matched the apples and then glued them on.



Her completed apple trees!
We made a lowercase a shaped apple.


And an uppercase A alligator.




I let her paint the apples on a tree. The activity says color, but I thought she would enjoy painting more. And then I realized these were finger paints, not normal paints, but she still enjoyed it.





She traced the capitol and lowercase a.


And then I had her sort the apples according to size. We haven't done this before so she needed a little help at first.


But she got it all figured out.


We did the apple puzzle,




and then moved on to ants. She worked on sorting again and needed a little help.

But she figured it out.
Explaining to me which is the smallest and were it goes.

She matched the shapes on the ants.

And told me what all the shapes were.


She is so particular about the way they line up.

And she did the ants puzzle.


Then we made applesauce!!


She was supposed to be using the spoon, but instead used her hand.


I'm not sure if I was supposed to cut them in halves before boiling them or if this was the right way, but it worked.
We peeled them and then blended them.






And made applesauce!
She loved it. She thought it was so cool. I should have taken a picture of Grayson eating the applesauce, but I forgot.
She sorted the capitol A's and lower case a's.



And we counted the ants and put them in order. I can't remember what the activity actually says to do, but we counted the dots and put them in order. She needed some help because sometimes she would count an extra dot or miss a dot, but she did pretty good.




Here is a short video I took towards the end. I should have recorded from the start but I didn't think about it.
I know she counted to 12 on the last one, but she had already gone though all the other numbers and I didn't want to push it. She had counted the dots several times so I just let her finish.

Then we finished by making ant hills with graham crackers and raisins.














She couldn't keep her hands out of the raisins!





She was eating fistfuls of them!
Goodness, that was a long post. I think that's why I kept dreading it. We didn't do a scavenger hunt this week or make a toilet paper roll airplane like I had planned, we had plenty to do. We did talk about tons of a words, ate animal crackers, and read Ariel over and over.

We are halfway through B and she is doing great! She now knows R,S,D,M,A,B,T,G,N,P. We have also been playing with an app called IntoTo Letters. She has picked up on the other letters from that. I will still do those letters in weekly activities, but she is doing so well. I am so proud!

4 comments:

Donna Homire said...

She is having so much fun and doesn't even know she being home schooled. Princess, you are quite the quick little learner. GREAT job Erin.

The Long's said...

Erin this is so awesome that you are doing this (and documenting it sooo well). At first I thought you were doing this all in one day and was thinking man, Logan woud never sit and do all that :) spreading it out over a week makes much more sense! Great job!

Marla said...

What a fun week! I think we will do A next (whenever that will be!). We did B a month ago and I STILL have not posted it!!!!!! Slacker!

Enjoyed reading your post yet again!

Honey Snider said...

She is definitely the smartest almost 3 year old I know! I loved the video of her counting the dots on the ants! She will be teaching Grayson before you know it, just like you did with Megan!